Nipsco Replace Belt Feers, Granulators (*Schahfer Crusher House Upgrade?)
Description of Project:
Due to the condition of the existing granulators, (not being able to meet grind size requirements), and of the excessive dusting from the existing belt feeders, and the holes in the granulator discharge chutes, all components between the two (2) head end conveyors at the top of the crusher house and the two (2) conveyors at the bottom of the crusher house were replaced. This included the integration of four (4) new Penn Crusher Granulators, four (4) new Penn Crusher Posimetric Feeders, four (4) new flow-controlled granulator discharge chutes, and two (2) flow-controlled surge bin inlet chutes.
Scope of Work:
HOH worked with CLIENT to develop the equipment bid specifications for the granulators, posimetric feeders, and engineered coal chutes. HOH prepared the complete detailed design for the installation of the new granulators, posimetric feeders, and engineering coal chutes in a phased approach, including mechanical, electrical, and structural plans and specifications.
Value to Client:
- Phased installation of the new posimetric feeders and granulators was achieved by HOH designing a divider to be placed in the surge bin to allow 2 of the feeders and granulators to be replaced at night while coal handling used the other 2 feeders and granulators to fuel one of the units.
- Design incorporated the replacement of the existing belt feeders with posimetric feeders to dramatically reduce the fugitive dusting within the crusher house.
- The existing coal chutes were replaced at the inlet to the surge bin with two (2) separate chutes, which allows coal to flow to either side of the surge bin, depending on which conveyor is running at the top of the crusher house. The top of the surge bin was designed to allow people to walk on top of it safely for inspection/maintenance purposes.
- The chutes between the feeder and crusher were designed by HOH Engineers and allow for ease of replacement of the bolted wear liners.
- The replacement granulators were able to be located in the same areas that the old granulators were situated.
- Any new electrical equipment installed now meets the Class II, Div. 1, group F area classification.
Pickling / Tandem Mill And Continuous Pickling Line
Structural engineering design for an all new cold-rolling facility located in Calvert, Alabama.
ATI Steel Hot Rolling Processing Facility
HOH provided the structural engineering design for the new Hot Rolling Processing Facility being built in Breckenridge, PA.