Nipsco Combustible Dust Eng.
Description of Project:
HOH set up a combustible dust program for implementation at all of CLI- ENT’s Generating Plants that will lead to compliance with NFPA 499 NFPA 654 and OSHA NEP CPL 03-00-008.
Perform a Combustible Dust Hazard Assessment and develop a 5 year plan, including costs, priority and schedules to achieve compliance with NFPA 499 at three large facilities for another company.
Scope of Work:
HOH developed a comprehensive program to assist in compliance with NFPA 499, NFPA 654 and OSHA. Performed Field Hazard Assessment and GAP Analysis at all plants, developed a detailed action item list and timeline to assist the plants to obtain compliance. These assessments include:
- Review with plant their requirements prior to field hazard analysis.
- Direct plants on samples of comingled materials and coordinate test- ing of materials.
- Perform a Field Hazard Assessment to Classify areas and identify hazards.
- Development of detailed action item lists including O&M items as well as Capital improvements necessary.
- Work with plants on dust collection including the development of a new safer dust collector.
- Develop detailed explosion mitigation strategies including explosion panels, isolation, and suppression.
- Developed Hazardous Area Classification diagrams.
- Developed capital improvement plans including anticipated costs and prioritization of projects.
- Work with plants on housekeeping procedures.
- Materials: coal
Value to Client:
Improve the Safety of the plant to provide a safer work environment and to reduce plant downtime.
Worked with plants to improve current collection and containment to control combustible dusts with limited Capital Costs.
Pickling / Tandem Mill And Continuous Pickling Line
Structural engineering design for an all new cold-rolling facility located in Calvert, Alabama.
ATI Steel Hot Rolling Processing Facility
HOH provided the structural engineering design for the new Hot Rolling Processing Facility being built in Breckenridge, PA.