ISTHA I-355 Widening
Description of Project:
- Paving and fine grading improvements for mainline and crossroad contracts for Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355) from Spring Creek to 151st Street in Will County, IL. Contract I-05-7709
- Construction Budget – $62,750,000
Scope of Work:
- This 6.5 mile project included mainline pavement of three lanes in each direction of the mainline I-355, full diamond interchange with IL Route 7 including ramps and signalized intersections, construction of cross road box culverts, detention basins and erosion control of cleared and graded areas.
- The improvement included reconstruction of one half mile of IL Rte 7, to a six lane section leading to the new bridge over I-355 complete with two thru lanes in each direction and left and right turn lanes.
- The new mainline pavement included a full length median barrier and full shoulders on the left and right including a gutter along the right edge of shoulder.
- Traffic signals for the ramp intersections and the intersection with Gougar Road as well as full interchange lighting were provided.
Value to Client:
- Cost estimates were updated on a monthly basis, to account for the volatility in material costs, which led to highly accurate estimates when compared to actual bids.
- The project construction was begun on scheduled start date and finished ahead of schedule.
- This project constructed temporary run-arounds to facilitate local traffic as the new Tollway was being constructed, resulting in good community cooperation.
- This project was part of the Tollway’s $6.3 Billion congestion relief plan.
CDOA Consolidated Rental Car Facility - Midway
HOH was selected to design the Consolidated Rental Car Facility (CRCF) at Chicago Midway Airport.